Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Side Note

Well, the start of college was one that I would love to forget. I walked into my Anatomy and Physiology class and immediately felt my blood pressure go up. *Side note: cramps*... Anyway, this class has 45 of the brightest minds in it... HA! I looked around and was surrounded by high school students that were so excited to be there. I sat down near the window so that I could have reception to update my Facebook before the class started. As I sat there, more people began to trickle in. They were talking so loud that I could hear them talking about the party that they attended the night before. All I could think is that I had been up since 4am working on my online class... followed by getting Olivia ready for school... then rushing to class myself. Who has time for that??
A grown woman walked in with her friend. They also looked like they were out partying all night... then again, they looked like they hadn't finished yet. The hair on these women would have kept my attention if I hadn't been distracted by her Tinkerbell book bag. (Which I would like to add that Olivia had the same one last year!!)
All in all... I felt more comfortable as I sat there for about 15 minutes. I looked at the people that I would be sharing this class with and though I do not think of myself as some scholar... I figured that if these jokers could do this... ANYONE, INCLUDING ME could.
The professor walked in very quietly. He looked like a professor. He introduced himself as Dr. Adams... "I'm actually a biologist." *Side note: cramps* As he began his mantra on all things college... I began to remember that I didn't take any Motrin before I left the house. I was thinking about Olivia and how she was doing on her first day. I thought about the stupid book bag... I thought about the Sociology class I was doing at 4am... and I was thinking about jumping out of the window that was so very close to me. WAKE UP RACHEL!! I hate when I do this. I can't stay focused. My mind began to race as I stared at "Dr. Adams"...
I know he thought that I was probably the most attentive student in there today... but I only caught every 4th word. "Blah blah blah study.... blah blah blah grades... blah blah blah difficult..."
Alright, so I will fast forward an hour and a half to the next class. I don't have to reintroduce anyone because I HAVE THE STINKIN' DOCTOR FOR THE LAB TOO!!! Honestly, I heard more in this class. He said dissecting a rat next week... and 300 terms by next week. *Side note: cramps* By this time, I thought my legs were going to fall off. Why?? DID YOU SEE MY SIDE NOTES??? Also, in the lab we have to sit on these metal bar stools that pull up to the lab tables. They do not promote anything other than bad posture and a sore butt. Due to my problems that were mounting during this class, I decided to leave. I left about 20 minutes early. We were having "study time" anyway. I can study on a soft, plush chair... AFTER I TAKE SOME MEDICINE!!! So, my brother came and got me. He's a good boy!! He even had some Motrin in hand!! YAY!!!
Needless to say, I studied all afternoon. I was soooo rankin' stankin' tired!! I don't know what is anterior or posterior to one another!! I don't know what is distal versus proximal!! What I do know is this... I hate EVE!! No where in the AP book did it talk about the pain that we, as women, must endure FOR NO REASON!!! So, sorry DOCTOR ADAMS if I don't care how close my thorax is to my posterior...
Hey, wait a minute.... I KNOW WHAT I JUST SAID!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
No Worries
Ray

5 comments:

  1. you are a trip! I hope school goes well for you! Good luck Ray-Ray

    CLB

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's great you're going to school! Too bad your body wasn't cooperating with you on your first day! :/ I hope you have a smooth, good semester!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that was a great "breakdown" of your first day... if Liv is having as much fun as you are the family is in for some great fun... Lov you and so very proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! very funny! Welcome back to school! Very proud of u! -Rachel R

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always heard that class was difficult. I never had to take it! :P Did you know I majored in sociology? (don't do it, not a good paid job).

    ReplyDelete