Monday, August 9, 2010

Better to Give...

I have had writer's block. I have plenty of things that happen on a daily basis, but it seems that lately, so many things are happening that I can't really put most of them into words. I've never experienced this before. I mean, look at what I am doing!! I am writing about not being able to write. THAT IS A PROBLEM!! Oh, something just popped in my head... and though I want this to flow and I SHOULD delete this section... I just spent a whopping 35 seconds on it... so, I'm leaving it!
I had someone call me and tell me that they needed me to fix their computer. So, I decided that I was going to do it. See, there was a catch. I know that this family is having a hard financial time right now. That tells me that I am not going to charge anything except for what it will cost me to pick the computer up and drop it back off when I am done. So, we agreed on $20. It covered the gas in the car that I had to borrow in order to go over there. This was a really aggravating computer job. I am not saying that because of the circumstances... this computer was just a pain in the butt! The CD-ROM didn't work... so, reformatting was a task. I had to take a couple other computers apart so that I could have one that worked and a cable long enough to hook it up. Then, I had to put the hard drive back in her computer and then update all of the Windows files (because it was now starting from scratch.)
Needless to say, this took about 6 1/2 hours because of all the things that had to go into it. The strange thing is this; I actually enjoyed it! I didn't enjoy the time consumption. I didn't enjoy when the computer would not respond to my commands... but, going to drop the computer off was wonderful. The look on individual's faces is the best when you give them something that they really want.
Moral of the story?? Help other's every time you get the chance... the reward will always be yours.
No Worries
Ray

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know you knew how to work on computers. The more I learn about you the more confused I become.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why would you become confused??

    ReplyDelete