Saturday, August 14, 2010

Long Time Coming

Last night, I did something that I haven't done, in what seems to be, forever. I went to an old friend's house. We talked about everything and nothing-- all at the same time. I guess when you haven't talked to someone in a long time-- the things that seem mundane to one, will seem like a good story to another. It was so strange.
I have been going through CRAZY emotions while Olivia is gone. I feel like I have no purpose without her being here. I've been walking around the house in some weird depression because of it. I feel like I have been wandering through this week. I have no one to make breakfast for... or check on for lunch. I actually went to a friend's house and didn't have to worry about if Olivia woke up and couldn't find me.
I'm writing this because I found that this is something that might just be a good thing for me. When one only finds purpose in one thing... I think it might just be possible to lose yourself in the other things that you were created for.
I got to speak in to other's lives and they got to speak into mine. It was a very encouraging time. I had a realllly good cup of coffee... some great laughs... wonderful fellowship.... wow, I should have left the confines of my room a long time ago!
No Worries
Ray

2 comments:

  1. a good talk with a good friend is the best medicine isn't it? Glad you were refreshed!

    ReplyDelete