Monday, August 2, 2010

No One Will Ever Know I Didn't Brush My Teeth!

My Livy Lu is a wonderful child. She is so very smart... she is the apple of my eye... she makes me laugh... she makes me love... and she ALWAYS listens to me. Ok, all those are true except for the last. Lately, she is going through this thing that requires her to IGNORE what I am saying. I tell her to do something and it's like before it gets to her ears-- it twists into the opposite. I rarely spank her... but, I am not saying that I won't. Today, I had to give her a spanking. It was so irritating to know that all she had to do was 3 little things and the whole situation could have been avoided. But would Livy listen?? Of course not... I give her everything that I can... you would think that she would be skipping around joyfully- just waiting to do EXACTLY what I say. But, since I am not in Heaven just yet... she has days like today.
I know that she is intelligent enough to comprehend what I am telling her to do. I know that she has the life skills to follow through on the small tasks I put before her.
Example:
Me: "Olivia, put your shoes on. Brush your teeth and brush your hair."
Olivia: "Yes ma'am."
Me: *thinking that she listened*
I find about 15 minutes later that Livy Lu is on the computer with the SAME crazy bed-head hair and no shoes on.
Me: "Why do you ignore what I tell you? No shoes... No hair brushed... did you brush your teeth?"
Olivia: "I'll go brush my hair now. I couldn't find my shoes... and I am chewing minty gum right now so no one will know I didn't brush them."

DO YOU SEE WHAT I HAVE TO DEAL WITH??? I love Olivia. I love Olivia. I love Olivia. I love Olivia. I love Olivia. I love Olivia. I love Olivia. I love Olivia. I love Olivia. I love Olivia. I love Olivia. I love Olivia. I love Olivia. I love Olivia. I love Olivia. I love Olivia. I love Olivia. I love Olivia. I love Olivia. I love Olivia. I love Olivia. I love Olivia. I love Olivia. I love Olivia.

No Worries
Ray

3 comments:

  1. hahahahaha that is so funny rachel...minty gum! -jenny f

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy(Mom and Mommom) :)August 3, 2010 at 2:17 AM

    Well look at it this way Ray, If we always did everything right would we be serving God or would we just be like robots? Making right choices in life is important that is for sure ,and that's one reason God loves us so much to allow us to see we need him

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, she made a good point, she is a smart one! Gee, I wonder where she gets it from??????

    ReplyDelete