Thursday, August 5, 2010

God Loves Fags

I have many questions floating around in my head. There is one that pops up more than the others though... it is this: Why do people that claim to be "Christian", want to point fingers at other's faults and failures, rather than point at Christ and His saving Grace? A friend on Facebook wrote a little about this recently and it only confirmed that I am not the only one that thinks that this, not only wrong, but unacceptable. When was the last person converted to Christianity by making them feel like dirt? I would like the chapter and verse that would tell the "Christian" to do so.
Though I understand that every Christian is commissioned to preach the gospel... and though many Christians are taught to not tolerate sin-- when has it become the acceptable practice to beat people down with the pointer finger?
Jeremiah loved his people. He loved Judah. But, he loved God more. God told him to say some things that were going to be taken very harshly... but, it didn't stop him from saying them. The difference between him and "Christians" of today is the heart behind what is being said.
Am I the only person that thinks the people on the side of the road that have signs that say "God Hates Fags", are completely ridiculous? Hate the sin... love the sinner. Why is it that we are willing to hate other's sins more than we hate our own? Just because someone is pointing a finger doesn't mean that it puts some invisibility cloak on... so that no one will see theirs. But, it seems to me that these are the people that I keep meeting.
I wonder what would happen if I went on the side of the road and made a sign that said, "God LOVES Fags just like HE LOVES YOU!"..... I bet someone would throw something at me! And when I got up from the ground, I would probably see one of those cute Jesus fishies on the back of the offending car.
No Worries
Ray

4 comments:

  1. very good pointe ,,,very true he still loves me and i am a sinner ,,,i thank god for he washed this sinner and it is a process ,,,and who to say that fag wont come to know jesus and change his life ,,,our rudeness and judgement attitude wont win him over to christ ,,,our example and our love for christ will you made a true statement

    ReplyDelete
  2. you said it sista! An old song says, "and they'll know we are Christians by our love, by our love..."

    ReplyDelete
  3. We find that loving ALL is the hardest of all the commandments, yes love the sinner, hate the sin, is what we are supposed to do. The "human" issue keeps getting in the way. Again that is why God loves us too. Ummm we probably spend more time in the penalty box than most because we are christians. The world doesnt care either way what is right or wrong just as long as they can point the finger at someone else. I think we should take responsibility for all that we do or say, that is what integrity is. We are to love all as God loves us. Wow thats hard when we can have a hard time "liking" people. You are right, God does love fags, just like he loves us. Thats hard for some Christians to accept.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very true Rachel! I remember at USF a man would come every so often holding hateful signs while "preaching".

    ReplyDelete