Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Test Taking

I have been so busy. My days have consisted of getting Olivia to and from school and then getting myself to and from school. When I have a day "off" from college, I have been trying to find a job and studying everything that I need to know for the many exams that seem to just keep coming.
I have managed to get myself into a huge hole. I guess what I really mean is that I feel like I am in a hole with all this stuff. I do not claim to be the smartest person or even intelligent at all, really. But, there are times that I know that I do not have to study things. I listen in class and deep down I know that I have successfully just learned the required material. Unfortunately, these classes are not the ones that happens in. I feel like I study all the time. I feel like I cram all kinds of definitions and information into my big head... and then the test gets placed in front of me and my chest tightens up.
The teenagers that are in the class with me seem to be able to take these tests pretty well. I think I am too old for this. I am trying to better my life... and at the same time I feel insanely intimidated. I am not intimidated by the people in my class... rather I am intimidated by the pressure that I am facing with every blank at the end of the question.
If I get 2 wrong... it could possibly ruin my quest to get into the RN program. If you haven't done it, you might not understand... but it is a hard program to get accepted into. I have to have A's. Well, I would write more... but I have to get back to my flashcards.
No Worries.
Ray

3 comments:

  1. Rachel you are such an intelligent, articulate, young lady.. you are going to do well in the nursing field. I have no doubts that you will be very successful in anything you apply yourself to. That's the type of personality you have. To see you reaching for something that is attainable that will move you forward is comparable to watching a child discover those things we usually take for granted. Wow, do you feel like you have been driving with your foot on the brake? I keep you in prayer daily to give you the peace that you need to keep clarity and focus in your life. You are going to be so successful, you are going to amaze yourself. I know God has this all figured out, so dont you worry, he's in control. I lov you..

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't panic! you just have to develop a routine and get used to filling your head with tons of info! You can do it Rachel, you are a very driven, intelligent and motivated person! You might just have too many classes for just getting back in to school. I don't really know if that is true or not, I forgot which classes you are taking!
    Stand strong sista, you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah What she said! U go girl! I'm very proud of you!-Rachel R :)

    ReplyDelete