Friday, July 30, 2010

You Won't Relent


"You won't relent until you have it all... my heart is Yours."
This is a song originally done by Misty Edwards... but then more recently done by Kim Walker and Jesus Culture. I have had this song on repeat for probably 8 days now. It is the song that plays on my playlist on the bottom of my blog (if you haven't heard it already.)
I keep thinking that God is nuts! What I mean when I say that is that He loves me. There is no reason for Him to. I can't give Him anything that He doesn't already have.... except my heart. So, then I wonder what is so special about that? I know my faults and failures... and there are things about myself that I find disgusting... the way I think about things... the pride... the anger.... there's so many things that are repulsive to me. So, why would a perfect God want a heart like mine? I wish I had all the answers on this subject-- but, I don't.
This post is to just to be transparent and honest... a perfect God shouldn't want any part of me... but He runs after me anyway. He won't relent.... I'm glad He doesn't.... but, it still makes me think.
No Worries
Ray

2 comments:

  1. I have thought these same thoughts a million times..still can't figure it out..so glad He is the way He is....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so grateful to the Lord for how He loves us just like we are, we don't even have to try and earn it or impress Him or anything!

    ReplyDelete