Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I WANNA STAY FAT!!

I just had my third knee surgery... so, I am still having some pretty severe pain. I am also embarking on a new journey called dieting. Some smart guy thinks that if I eat better and exercise I will lose weight... (personally, I think he was just hungry and wanted me to suffer too)... but, I decided that I might need to become more healthy as well. So, I listen to this guy called "the doctor" and started yesterday. I got in the pool with Olivia and broke a sweat. (Yes, if you move enough in the pool-- you CAN sweat... but, in my case, if I sit down too fast I sweat so... let's just act like I was doing a great job.) Last night, my knee paid for the decision to exercise. Then, today I got back into the pool and did it all over again... such a trooper I am, right?? I think I'd rather have a stroke at 45 than this kind of pain, but let's remember I am not the smart guy in this post!!

I got back into the pool AGAIN and tread water for about 25 minutes... I thought I was going drown! My legs felt like jelly (except for my throbbing knees, of course!) Olivia said, "Mommy. are you ok?" She swam over like she was a lifeguard! My 8 year old saved my life!

I finally left the pool area... I felt so defeated. I think that some of the reason I felt like this was because I had to get out... and if you are skinny, you will have no idea what it feels like to get out of the water and have the clothing that you are wearing suction to every part of your body that you would rather leave to the darkness. It actually makes a sound when you pull it from your body. I always feel like a huge Tupperware bowl when I get out of the pool!!

I know I did the right thing-- but, my knees were KILLING me! But, I had another pain... it was new... I didn't even know what to make of it at

first. I WAS STARVING!!! I counted calories and only ate 830 calories and 8 grams of fat. I think I burnt all those off and now was very upset because my stomach was very upset with me. I walked in and ate a salad. Now, I sit here and wonder if all of this garbage is worth it. I mean, skinny people don't have to do all this!!! They can eat 4 pizzas and watch tv for 3 weeks without moving and not gain a pound! I THINK about eating something healthy and IMMEDIATELY I begin to gain weight.

I won't quit-- but, this is going to be harder than I thought. AND I just want to eat something that doesn't taste horrific!

No Worries

Ray

7 comments:

  1. Hey, I know how you feel. But your post has inspired me to start my diet again...maybe tomorrow. Anyway, I hope you had more than 830 calories for the day. You should have at least 1100 to 1200 a day and you will still loose weight(but you do have to count every single calories, like 5 calories for a stick of sugarfree gum). Make sure you drink plenty of water too. You're young, it should come off a little easier for you, us older folks it comes off a little slower. It's no fun, but you will feel a lot better once you start losing. (That's what I keep telling myself anyway).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also u can try weight watchers my mom n aunt are doing awesome on it. And u can still eat food that u want to also. But it is still calorie counting. And I dont know what u like or dislike. But Im trying to get my baby off. So, Ive been making like taco salads. Fruit salad instead of candy or ice cream. If I must have somelate at night I eat my frosted mini wheats with fat free / skim milk. And lots and lots of water. I dont even drink the diet soda's. I mean I do have soda or teat every once in a while. But I dont keep any soda or tea in my house. It helps! - Danielle Bacchi Wahrmann

    ReplyDelete
  3. go Rachel! I know you can do it! I have to exercise and lose weight too, and I am ancient, so you have a way better chance of success like Nancy said! I am trying to exercise 5 days a week, but last week only did three, so this week I gotta crank it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You go girl! I agree with Nancy about the calorie thing, but you might already realize that! ;) When I am counting I try to eat around 1800 cals and then exercise and that is enough to lose weight at a steady slow pace. I hope to be burning more calories soon though, and of course some days I eat more than 1800 cals! (shhh!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the comments. I want to lose weight to be healthy... not to just fit into a size 4. We all know that I will never be a size 4 anyway... I would settle for a 14!! lol
    I do have my height going for me- so, I can actually weigh a little more and "hide" it... not sure where though!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rachel, first of all, you are seriously HYSTERICAL, i love reading your blog. And let me just tell you this, i have not been swimming in years for the very reason of SUCTION CUP CLOTHING! I wanna be able to swim completely alone without worrying about someone seeing me. I actually have dreams, or should i say NIGHTMARE's where i show up to a swimming pool in a BIKINI... and honey, it aint purty!! -jenny franchi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just wanted to say thanks for all the comments. I mean, I am not looking to get 400 a day or anything-- but it is always nice to see that people will read what's going on with you... and some of you EVEN LIE and say you enjoy it! lol... Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete