Saturday, July 24, 2010

Pennies? Or Dimes?

I feel old. My 10 year high school reunion for one of my high schools was this evening. I didn't go but just the thought that I was graduating the loooooong process of school TEN YEARS AGO is kinda getting to me. I thought that I would have this and that... I thought that things were going to be different than this when I was to this point of my life. I guess I should just be happy that I'm not dead and I am still breathing! But, in keeping with my blog title... I wonder when I am going to truly start living. This is not going to be a long blog.. just thought that I would write for just a moment before I go to bed.
Last question: Where does the time go? Yes, one second at a time!! So, why do I continue to waste so many? Is it like pennies? By that, I mean if you drop a penny, you may or may not pick it up-- depending on where it fell to. But, if you drop a dime-- you will crawl under the car for it! Am I doing that with my time? A second here... a second there.... "Ah, just leave it... it's no big deal"-- when in reality it's a year here... a year there. All I am saying is that I may need to climb under the car of life and get my time!
No Worries
Ray

6 comments:

  1. Well speaking for myself, I have a tendency to let my change pile up since i went on Disability and got divorced. Maybe we all need to take a look at what we do each day, Thank God we're alive and make each moment count. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy Thompson(AKA...LOL...MOM) :)July 25, 2010 at 12:36 AM

    You're such a funny child...lol ..and you wonder where Livy gets it from...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehehe ok so I know Im always talking about some other writer, or using someone else's quote but, did u ever read Donald Miller's A Million Miles in a Thousand Years? It's about living a better story. Ppl wanted to make a movie about his life/book, Blue Like Jazz, and he was like, "Why? I have no life!" I love his stuff..I wasn't into everything in a Million Miles but I thought most of it was pretty good..:) Rach R

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no clue what you're talking about Rachel.. but it sounds interesting. That's half the battle, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey, I thought I left a comment yesterday, but it is not here! hmmmm, let me try to rember what I said...

    ReplyDelete