Monday, July 19, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Well, good morning Vietnam! I am going to try and get this thing up and running. I am not in competition with anyone-- but, I see others that I know who have invested many hours in their blogs.. I would like to say that I aspire to have something that looks like that.. but, if I am honest, I will just have to say that I will probably be a writer of thoughts and opinions. I don't do too much other than take care of my Livy Lu.

I guess that is how I would and should start. Today is my birthday. I am now 28. I am not very happy about it because I feel like I haven't done anything too productive with my life. But, Livy overheard me saying something like that and she rushed out of the room and said, "Mommy- I'm productive!! YOU DID ME!!" I then realized that she was right. I mean, she's 8 years old... her IQ is 154... she mouths off more often than I would like to admit and SHE'S STILL ALIVE!!! So, there- I have accomplished 8 years worth of restraint!

Moving rather quickly over to my title of my blog... this is actually something that I am writing about in my spare time. Breathing vs. Living. We all walk around in these flesh bodies.. (some, like me, have more FLESH than others)... and we think that life is supposed to be like this. I would rather like to think that it is different! Breathing is something that is done without any help from us. Breathing is involuntary. I want to have a life that takes hard work... I want a life that is VOLUNTARILY lived. I don't want to just breathe and die. I want to live! I am not talking about the living that many post to their Facebooks'... "Live Like You Are Dying". Nope, not talking about that. (Which, by the way, someone should warn them that they are dying anyway... I thought we ALL learned that in school???) I am talking about living BECAUSE we are dying to our "self" everyday. It's such an interesting way to live. But, I promise, it's better than just breathing.

No Worries
Ray

4 comments:

  1. Rachel-U r a great writer! Hilarious! I will enjoy reading ur blog! Ur a great momma w/ ur head screwed on straight! -Rachel Richardson :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your blog post!!! so glad you did it! You got a lot to share! love ya, Dolly :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ray very good..well said....i was inspired!
    154 IQ wow that is challenging...hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Olivia is a wonderful child. I could not ask for a better one... I mean, listen, she's been smarter than most adults since she was 2 1/2! HA! But, she keeps me on my toes!

    ReplyDelete