Friday, July 23, 2010

Grab Bag of My Thoughts....

Yeah, I know I already posted something today... and though I would love to act like everyone else and write once a day... that's just not happening today for me. So, please just hold on while I write again...

I was about to write about this issue I have on my mind, when Olivia came up to me with puckered lips. I gave her a kiss and then pretended I was going to bite her. She then got really close to my head and whispered, “You’re my mom. I know your tricks.” In that moment, I realized that we should view God that way. When things go bad, we shouldn’t start shaking an angry fist. We shouldn’t look perplexed. We should say, “You’re my dad… and I know what You are trying to do.”

I guess Newton’s Law would apply here as well. To every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. I could also say that when things happen we can look into the enemy’s face and say, “You’re my enemy. I know your tricks.”

As I finalize my weirdly-timed post this afternoon, I am reminded that Olivia is 8 years old. She is the center of my world. But, she also inspires me to be so much better than what I thought my best even was! I thought before that if I quit drinking—that was my best. But, she has taught me that my best is when the desire to do right overshadows any desire to do otherwise.

I learned a long time ago that whatever I put in my mind is what I will think about. Whatever I think about is what I will end up talking about. The things that I talk about are what will dictate my actions and what I do… and what I do… is ultimately what I believe. Who knew that my thoughts were so powerful? My daughter has been a pivotal part of my very being… and go figure, HE sent her to me!!!

I feel the need to listen to Kim Walker’s- He Loves Us.

No Worries

Ray

3 comments:

  1. awesome :) You have inspired me to look at things that way more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First I just wanna say, I love how you talk about your daughter. It is so sweet. I love how your love for her makes you wanna be a better person. I also like the end part about what u think is what u talk about and so on..so true. Thoughts are so powerful.. Rachel R

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel... if you knew Olivia, you would KNOW what I was talking about. She is my everything... I have no idea how else to put it. "Greater love hath no man than this.... then the mommy of Olivia Rae"...

    ReplyDelete