Thursday, March 31, 2011

First Day Of Work

I couldn't sleep the night before my first day. I kept having dreams that my ride didn't show up. I would spring out of bed and be up for a few hours. I finally fell asleep and my alarm went off. I didn't hear it though... not that I remember anyway. My roommate walked in my room about a half hour later and asked when I was getting up. OMG... good thing I set it for WAY before I was supposed to be there.
I jumped out of bed "ninja style" and quickly went to the laundry room. I threw Olivia's clothes in the dryer so that they would be warm when I woke her up. I then scurried across the house to try and find the iron. I ironed my clothes and jumped in the shower. After getting the shampoo in my eyes... I remembered that I forgot to wake Olivia up. "Great... my eyes are stinging out of my head and my daughter is still sleeping."
I quickly rinsed off... forgot to condition my hair... jumped out... dried off... put... on... my.... I LEFT MY CLOTHES ACROSS THE HOUSE!!! (But I didn't have a towel that would fully hide my goodies... so I had to yell for someone to bring them to me.)
After that fiasco, I got Olivia up and brushed my teeth. *Looking down* HOW DID I GET TOOTHPASTE ON MY ONLY WORK SHIRT?? (Note to self: this is why I should brush my teeth in the shower like Rachel Richardson does!!!)
I got it off as well as I could and my ride finally arrived. I kissed Olivia... told her to have a great day and to not miss the bus... and off I went.
I finally arrived at the Wal-Mart at 7:50... I had 10 minutes to breathe before I went in there. My nerves are shot... I am tired... but I have a job. I am here! I am here! I am here!
I spent the next 8 hours staring at a computer screen. I listened to audio and video clips for a wide range of topics. It showed anything from how to wash your hands... to why Wal-Mart associates don't need to join a union.
My day would seem like it went all wrong... it would seem that things were not on my side from the start... but if you look closer... you will see a genuine smile on my face. I HAVE A JOB!!!
No Worries
Ray

2 comments:

  1. so glad for you Rachel! The bakery department is in for a real treat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me laugh soooooo hard rachel hahaha
    -jenny franchi

    ReplyDelete