Tuesday, March 6, 2012


I am the kind of Christian that tries not to judge. I am not going to say that it never happens... but I will say that I make a conscious decision to keep my judgments turned inward so that I am the one changing into who God wants me to be. I try not to worry about what others are thinking when it pertains to me. I try to do what I think is right and let everything else kinda fall off to the way-side.
So, now that I gave the foundation for what I need to say, maybe you (whoever you are) will understand why this bothers me as much as it does. A person that I have known for years deleted me off of Facebook. We had no cross words towards each other. We had no argument. We had no disagreement. The ONLY 2 things that changed was that I became a Christian and I stopped drinking.
I feel like I was judged for those two decisions. I feel like just because I changed the way I live my life... this person decided that our friendship would not stand the test of time. I NEVER told this person that they had to change. I NEVER tried to push my decisions on them. I made the decision to not attend parties that involved drinking or not to go hang out at bars.
I feel like I was betrayed. I know that this may sound silly to some of you. I may just be taking this more seriously than I should. But, if you are reading this and you know me personally, you will know that I love people like they are my family (even if we share no blood relation.)
I know that my decision will make some people uncomfortable... some because they assume that I will be like some that they have met and judged them... some because they think that being a Christian is insane... but, to be honest, I didn't think that someone would kick me out of their life completely for it.
I am sorry that it ended this way... I never wanted it to end at all. But I will count it all dung if God be glorified.
No Worries (even if it feels like I am)
Ray

1 comment:

  1. my opinion isn't worth much.. (I blame Obama for that!!) But none-the-less here it is.. you are human and naturally the rejection of anyone hurts, ecpesially with someone you have "history" with. It only hurts because you feel like their devotion to you and respect for your decisions should be as deep as your devotion and respect to them. This is why your immediate assumption is critical of yourself... I say immediate assumption because you explained how you felt in a way to suggest that you drew your own conclution without the input of this other person, you said that you haven't had any prior discussion about it, so its possible that his/her cat walked across the keyboard and deleted you... or just simply that facebook glitched.. (that's actually happened to me). And this person doesn't even have a clue that you're deleted... maybe this person did realize and has been sitting in their own pity party because they're offended that you deleted them, probably because you're a christian now and too good for them.... now maybe I'm wayy off and its not an assumptin that they deleted you.. maybe you KNOW it.. in that case, its a hurt that you need to hand over to Jesus!!! My advice first and foremost... DON'T assume somebody elses feelings and thoughts... ASK them!! I'm the worlds worst assumer!! And I always assume the worst!!!

    ReplyDelete