Monday, September 22, 2014

Cheers

Most of my life, I have dealt with some form of addiction problem. While I kicked the drug habit nearly a decade ago, I continued to struggle with alcohol far after the drug problem sailed into the distance.

Today, I have 23 months sober. I have been steadfast for almost 2 years and I am very proud of this accomplishment. The thing that hurts me is that all the people that complained and was at the other side of my drunk aggression, do not ever say a word about it on my "anniversary date."

I'm not asking for anyone to throw a party... but for someone to remember and acknowledge my progress would be nice.

No Worries
Ray


***UPDATE*** It is now the 23rd... and just as every other month, no one said a word, sent a text, or gave a hug. This hurts my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment