Friday, April 6, 2012

I Wanna Make Her Better

I was joking around on Facebook and posted that I would love if someone would buy me tickets to the Jesus Culture concert that will be in a neighboring town in couple weeks. To my utter amazement, a kind man bought Olivia and I tickets so that we could enjoy the experience together. I had tears in my eyes when I found out the news. I was able to tell Olivia in the morning when she woke up and she was sooooo happy!! She wanted to know who bought them for us. I explained to her who it was and told her that she had met him at Dunkin' Donuts a couple years ago. She was very happy and pleased.
A little while later, she came to me and asked me a question that I am STILL wrestling with... "Momma, why will someone that doesn't even know me do something that nice for me and my own dad won't even call me?" My heart immediately sank. I tried to explain that God has a way of showing us love through many different people. I tried to tell her that her Heavenly Father loves her very much. I tried to explain that her earthly father makes mistakes and everyone needs to be forgiven. She tucked her head into my chest and cried.
She said, "I am thankful for everything that God does for me... and I am thankful to Mr. Ray for getting us those tickets... but I wish my dad loved me too."
Every since then, I have been upside down inside. I wanna scream and yell. I wanna tell everyone how stupid this person is for hurting my little girl... I wanna... I wanna.... I wanna.....
More than anything... I want her heart to be ok. I hope that when we go to this concert, God will somehow show her the love that she is longing for. I know that she feels special because someone she is not all that familiar with, did something special for her and I.
I just wish her little heart would not hurt.... ever.
No Worries
Ray

1 comment:

  1. wow rachel, man just breaks my heart. I was choked up reading Olivia's questions and feeling her heartbreak..will be praying for you and little sweetie....You r a great mom!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete