Sunday, April 8, 2012

SHOCKING!!! (No Really...)

I will be working overnight for the next week. My pain levels have been pretty high but I know that God will be strong in my weakness. I had a nerve conduction done this past week. The best way I can describe it is that they put electrodes on the feet and then shock you. Yep, simple as that... they SHOCK YOU!
They got a baseline response from my left leg. My leg responded so quickly that I almost kicked the lady in the face. It was almost like lightning in that leg. I didn't expect that much juice to be pumped into my leg. They took the electrodes off of that leg/foot and then put them on my right leg. She then shocked it once... no movement. She shocked it again... no movement. She then clicked the button 4 or 5 times to give it more power and shocked me... my leg never moved. My toes jumped on the last one... but nothing dramatic.
She took the electrodes off and then stuck 2 needles in the front of my leg... right next to the shin bone into the muscle. She looked at me strange and asked me what I was feeling... I told her that the part of my leg that she just put the needles in has lacked any feeling since surgery.
I guess that made it good for me... because she said that was the most painful of all the parts of the test. She then directed me to move my foot while the needles were in my leg. I could feel pressure and pain in the BACK OF MY LEG (not the front!!!)
I will get the results soon. She looked like she was shocked at what she was seeing. To be honest, I was pretty taken back myself.
No Worries
Ray

No comments:

Post a Comment