Wednesday, January 5, 2011

I've Given Birth To A What??

2011 is here. How in the world did we get here so soon? I remember trying to make deals with God when I was younger... "God, please let me drive a car before you come back... God, please let me graduate before you come back..." Now, I have my own 9 year old that is making the same deals with Him. It is the strangest feeling.
So, my daughter is now 9... as of New Year's Eve 2010.... and this is the last year in single digits. I look at my growing girl as she begs for "big girl" stuff. I couldn't bring myself to buy her a training bra... but her Grandma sure could. When my daughter put it on... well, she seemed like she was glowing. I try and think of a time that I LOVED wearing one... and I come up empty every time. I try and fling that thing off at every chance I get... geeze, a girl has to have some freedom, right? But not my lil one... she is so excited.
I understand that is isn't status quo for me to talk about my daughter or my undergarments... but I said all of that to say this one thing. My baby isn't a baby anymore. She will ALWAYS be my baby... but there is something about my child that is growing up... she is still a cuddle bug... she still tells me that she loves me... but I know that sooner or later she will become one of those crazy beasts I've seen on tv.... you know what I mean, right? A TEENAGER!!!!
I am NOT ready for this.... and I will end this entry like I do every other one... but believe me... I don't mean it this time.
No Worries
Ray

1 comment:

  1. well, Olivia seems awfully sweet for her age, so hopefully she will only get sweeter and sweeter in her teen years! We can dream can't we??

    ReplyDelete