Friday, July 29, 2011

Arrogant People

I hate arrogance. When someone is full of themselves, I cringe. It is something that I truly cannot stand. So imagine my surprise when I figured out that I was the chief of the arrogant tribe! I shook my fleshly fist at an Almighty God. He didn't do what I would have done. I would have zapped me with a lightning bolt. I wouldn't be here if I was God. So, my question to myself was this... "Why am I trying to ACT like God?"
For those that read this, please understand that I never meant to act like this. I just became self-justified in my emotions. When you let your emotions rule what you say and how you act, you will eventually become an arrogant person.
I have found that I can not throw a little Jesus on my dysfunction and call it radical Christianity. I want to BE ok.. not just look ok.
So, on my old journey with new vision... bare with me... I am working hard to make HIM happy.
No Worries
Ray

1 comment:

  1. Girlfriend you are on the right road... God sees us always as we really are, not as we want to appear. Thank Him daily that he loves us unconditionally. I would not have survived if it werent for his infinate wisdom to know when to speak to me and when to hear me rant. It was an epiphany (the sudden realization or comprehension of the (larger) essence or meaning of something. The term is used in either a philosophical or literal sense to signify that the claimant has "found the last piece of the puzzle and now sees the whole picture," or has new information or experience, often insignificant by itself, that illuminates a deeper or numinous foundational frame of reference.) I love it when I have an "Ah Ha" moment, it frees me to move forward. I hope it does the same for you... I lov you

    ReplyDelete