Friday, December 3, 2010

Zero Comments

Well, I was keeping up with this journal at first. I was writing in it at least once a day. I looked forward to the comments that I got on a variety of topics. But, life got a little crazy. My internet got shut off for a bit because I didn't have the money to pay it... and then when I got connected again, I had college and job hunting to do... so, I neglected this poor page.
I started to notice though... because I got to vent some of the most personal thoughts that someone can have. It started to bother me... so, I tried my hand at it again. I started writing again. This time it was different. I posted my journal entry onto my facebook page and I would feverishly check the comment section... nope... nothing.
So, after a few entries went by like that-- I figured that no one was reading it. Then again, I also get a hit counter and was positive that no one was. How could I be so dumb? I finally found something that I enjoyed... I found something that made me feel like I was connected to more than the fat on my... well, my everywhere....
Moral of the story? When you find something that does well for you and you neglect it... don't expect it to work anymore.
No Worries
Ray

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean Rachel, if you post more frequently people get used to reading the blog entries. I don't always check older posts on Facebook so I probably missed a bunch of links to your blog! You are an excellent writer and it is good to be honest in your writing so don't be discouraged. Also, when people share their deepest thoughts, people don't always quite know how to respond but it doesn't necessarily mean they aren't reading !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have felt that way about my teaching weblog. I encourage you to continue with this because there is always going to be someone who cares. Likely more than just one person. I even went through that as Scholastic's teacher advisor... August and September were loaded with comments, and when I posted about my students dissecting owl pellets in October, it seemed to... dwindle. It's human to feel this way... 100% human. I want you to know I have been inspired to read through lately, though.

    ReplyDelete